Wednesday 14 January 2015

Pasta with Olive Tapenade (by G)

I bought some olives the other day planning to make tapenade - turns out I didn't have any of the other required ingredient to make tapenade.

This time I made a real effort and managed to have black olives, garlic, capers, anchovies and olive oil all at the same time. There are various other things you can add - I was going to add pine nuts if I happened to have any handy. Generally, when you think you may have pine nuts you generally don't - and I didn't. Lemon is another possible ingredient, I had a lime so I squeezed a bit of the juice in after having blitzed the rest of the ingredients together.

Somehow or other I managed to miss my dinner deadline of 7:30 - too complacent, the pasta water took ages to boil.

The bread on the side was a garlic bread substitute. A peeled and seeded tomato with a dash of salt and pepper spread on some griddled Turkish bread.

I thought dinner was A-Okay, the bread was especially good. Biggs demanded pork with dinner at the last minute so I sprinkled some shredded and fried ham on top which turned out to be a fine addition.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was good an flavourful. Mainly the flavour of olives which is one of my favourite flavours.

I probably didn't even need to demand pork but it's always best to be on the safe side.