Sunday 4 January 2015

German Style Dinner (by G)

I've got a crap load of cabbage in the fridge so I had the idea to make sauerkraut, though that would take time so I just bought a jar of sauerkraut. Not the most logical decision given that I was hoping to use up cabbage rather than acquire more... but once I got the taste for sauerkraut I couldn't get it out of my head.

To go with the fermented cabbage I cooked some bratwurst in simmering water for about 10 minutes then gave them a quick blast on the griddle pan.  The ham steaks were just griddled. Ideally everything would have been griddled for a little longer, however, I mistimed my cooking and stomachs were empty.

My favourite thing in the dinner plate was the potato salad. Boiled potatoes dressed in a mix of gherkins, parsley, shallot, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar.  I also mixed through half a dozen chopped boiled eggs. Super.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

So much for 110 grams of meat a day....it seems that's gone out the window.

This was a lot of food. Delicious food. But, a lot.