Thursday 8 January 2015

Minature Fried Chicken and Sweet Potato Wedges (by G)

I had another little spatchcock in the freezer so yesterday I got it out and put it into brine. Brined chicken is great, and my theory was that brine with chilli and garlic would be doubly great - so I added 3 smashed garlic clove and a couple of chopped birdseye chillies.

After 24 hours I got the chicken out, dried it off, chopped it into pieces and crumbed it - before deep frying. I didnt' add any flavour to the crumbs because I thought the brining mixture would add all the flavour. It didn't. The chicken tasted mainly of chicken.

For the sweet potato wedges I just hacked up a couple of small sweet potatoes, drizzled them with oil, sprinkled on some garlic powder, salt and pepper and oven roasted them.

I can tell you, this meal could have done with a fresh element - a piece of lettuce maybe.

No comments: