Friday 9 January 2015

Tuna Casserole (by G)

What more could you want of a Friday night than tuna casserole?  I probably would not have made this if I had been feeding any one but myself but I was feeling nostalgic for a home cook classic.

When it came to actually make the casserole I was not actually sure what to do so I took a few pointers from a random recipe online. Turns out you just cook some pasta, mix through a plain white sauce, tinned tuna, peas, top with cheese and breadcrumbs (though the recipe I found called for crushed weetbix) and oven bake.

I was a bit dubious about the flavours so I went off piste and added some black olive pieces and chopped parsley.  I was tired and could not work out if I should put the breadcrumbs on first and then the cheese or the other way around.  After a long period of mental effort I decided incorrectly to put the breadcrumbs on top, I do not know why I did that.

Anyway, no harm done. The olives were a good addition to what would otherwise have been a pretty bland meal. Some mustard in the white sauce would have been a good addition.

No comments: