Sunday 11 January 2015

Thai Pork Mince Curry (by G)

I should state that this is not an authentic curry as far as I know. It is just a curry of Thai eggplants, pumpkin, water spinach, coriander, spring onion and pork mince. My original idea was to make a pork curry with something like the neck but the butcher was closed being Sunday and the supermarket was too a step too far on such a humid day.

Looking in the freezer my options were roast pork or pork mince. Roast pork seemed like a wacky idea but I went with pork mince rather than go the vegetarian route.

I did make a red curry paste from scratch. A whole bunch of ingredients (over a dozen) blitzed and then hand ground in the mortar and pestle. I also added some chicken style stock and coconut milk.

The result was good, a bit lacking in spice but it had a little hum to it.

No comments: