Friday 16 January 2015

Roast Belly Pork and Noodle Salad (by G)

Despite the fact I still have some leftover Christmas pork in the freezer I bought a slab of pork belly today because I was craving some crackle and I ate all the Christmas crackle weeks ago.  For once I erred on the side of moderation and chopped the belly pork into 3 portions, the other two to be used some other time.

To make the salad I simply seasoned the pork with pepper and sprinkled some salt over the skin and chucked it in the oven for a while. For once the crackle crackled as good crackle should. I cooled the pork a little and sliced it into about 4 millimetre slices. The pork was then tossed through some cooked and cooled udon noodles along with water spinach, spring onion, coriander (helpfully provided by Biggs who bought it by accident thinking it was parsley) and some roasted crushed peanuts.  The dressing was a freestyle classic - brown sugar, fish sauce, a dash of soy, lemon juice and tamarind.

Excellent.

No comments: