Wednesday 9 April 2014

Asparagus and Halloumi (by Biggs)

My friend Kylie cooked me a version of this meal during the festive season last year. Given we're practically through this year already I thought enough time had passed to showcase this puppy again.

Halloumi, salad, asparagus, bacon and bread. Delicious.

Noteworthy is that the bread was fried off with some garlic and rosemary - an old trick I picked up so long ago I can't remember where I picked it up. Equally noteworthy is that I fried the asparagus in the bacon fat.

I intended to go up to Black Pearl in my lunch break today to buy some nice halloumi but forgot and headed out for sushi with some colleagues instead. As a result I just bought the cheapest stuff possible from the supermarket. It turned out to be the nicest halloumi I've ever had - creamy, lovely texture and only a little bit of squeak.

1 comment:

G said...

This meal was the perfect yin/yang balance between healthy - salad - and yang - everything else, except the asparagus, I'm not sure which one that is.

(After saying that I looked up what yin and yang are - apparently they are complimentary forces. I guess that is basically true of dinner, but I'm pretty sure bacon and halloumi are better than salad).