Thursday 24 April 2014

Tinned Tuna and Mackrel Salad (by G)

Fish is alleged to be brain food - I don't need to think for the next 3 days so that is not the reason for this dinner tonight. The main reason for this dinner is that I felt a little over-sausaged after last night's dinner.

I bought a tin of tuna in brine and one of mackerel, which I drained and added to a salad mix of lettuce, cucumber, yellow capsicum, celery, capers (why not) and radish. I mixed through some 'thousand island dressing', mayonnaise and lime juice - I also added a little salt and pepper.

It has been a long time since I've had tinned fish - I don't remember it being so unpleasant. It was mushy and, for some odd reason, after I had eaten it I COULD FEEL MY TEETH.  That is not normal - normally I cannot feel my teeth - if this is a result of improved brain function I don't want it.

I guess I feel better after dinner than I did last night but I would consider myself moderately displeased with dinner tonight.

No comments: