Tuesday 29 April 2014

BBQ Chicken and Roti Canai Sauce Tortillas (by G)

I wasn't expecting Biggs back tonight - I was expecting her back at some point, but not tonight.  Irregardless of that fact I went ahead with my original plan of having a chicken and roti sauce in tortilla wraps.

There was not much to do on this one. Sweat some onions, add curry powder, a cinnamon stick, star anise, a clove, chilli, a potato and vegetable stock - boiled it all for half an hour, blend it then add coconut milk, - chop up some BBQ chicken, also chop up some lettuce, also heat the packet tortillas through.

The sauce was not correct - the recipe is a bit vague and I think that the one piece of potato that I added was larger than the correct size of potato. It's a shame because I nailed this sauce the first time I made it and this one was not quite right.

Don't get me wrong, dinner was pretty good but I will have to revisit the roti sauce again.

4 comments:

Biggs said...

I'm pretty shattered after my week in Perth and an overnight flight. Technically it's my night to cook but was very pleased when G offered to tortilla this Tuesday.

I'm really in the mood for a quiet week of healthy home-cooked meals. This one featured lettuce so I guess it fits the bill.

Dinner was great, G can keep trying to nail his roti sauce as often as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Anonymous said...


Oh that is cool!!! I can't wait to make this for our feast :)
coupon dunia

Unknown said...

You ought to indulge in a contest for just one of the best blogs on the internet. Let me suggest this site! more

Unknown said...

very good post, i actually love this web site, carry on it see this