Wednesday 16 April 2014

Shellaroni Cheese (by G)

I thought, as it was the last time I would be cooking for Biggs for a couple of weeks, I should let her choose what to have for dinner - she chose pork and noodles.  I was going to do that but decided not to.

I had some multi-coloured shell (and other) shaped pasta left over from the other day - also I had some pre-chopped pizza bacon (apparently that's a thing) so I decided to macaroni cheese.

Not much to this recipe. Fry up an onion and a shallot with some pizza bacon and garlic. Season with pepper and paprika. Boil up the shell pasta. Make a roux with butter and flour, add milk - then cheese (I got a 4 blend pasta cheese that went very stringy when I mixed everything together).

Once everything was mixed together I dumped it in a tray, topped it with cheese and baked in the oven for about half an hour.  Instead of garlic bread I fried some flour tortillas and brushed them with garlic butter.

I was pretty pleased with dinner - it was not too unflavourful and not too rich. I probably had about 2 forkfuls too many so I feel a bit queasy now.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was a perfectly excellent dinner for my 'almost on holidays' mood.

The odd thing is when G asked what I wanted for dinner I immediately thought pasta. Thinking he wouldn't agree to doing pasta twice in three nights I defaulted to my standard request of pork and noodles.