Saturday 26 April 2014

Gourmet BBQ (by Biggs)

The day finally arrived! The day that my friend Mike married my friend Amanda.

It was an absolutely tremendous day held in some lovely, ramshackle cottages in Wellington Forest and was beautiful and relaxed and perfect but, we're here to talk about the food.

A wonderful, friendly, very hard-working couple run the cottages and do everything including the cooking. The Gourmet BBQ included steak, chicken skewers, sausages, potatoes, Waldorf salad and a spinach salad. Even though they had to cook about 60 steaks on a BBQ and serve them from a hotel pan they were cooked perfectly, the chicken was served with a mustard sauce and I think this was my first Waldorf salad experience. It was all really tasty but the relish was absolutely out of this world. I think after this trip I'm going to have a serious tomato relish addiction.

Other things we got to eat today were sausage rolls and party pies ('cause it's a party!), beautiful cheeses, figs, dips and an incredible terrine that one of the Uncles made.

Games, raffles, amazing speeches (if I do say so myself), 8 hours of dancing, fun people, lovely environment, beautiful flowers, yummy lollies and my favourite newly wedded couple ever.

No comments: