Tuesday 22 April 2014

Corned Beef Hash Tortillas (by G)

This dinner is stretching the tortilla theme a bit too far.  It was based on using up some left overs. The corned beef is from the other night and the spicy onion jam was left over last night.

The hash was made by cubing up the left over corned beef and frying it with some pre-cooked potato, carrot and corn. I added some dried onion flakes and some garlic powder to give a bit more flavour.

The tortillas were quite weird - they are white corn tortillas from a packet. I think they were supposed to be fried and folded to make hard shell tacos - I just dry-fried them in a pan so they were part chewy part crispy, which was not really what I was looking for. The final result was a bit like a tostada.

You may notice in the photo that I had another topping - it was a mix of diced tomato and chopped parsley to lend a little freshness.

As previously stated, the corned beef was excellent and nothing I did to it tonight did anything to ruin that flavour.

No comments: