Monday 28 April 2014

Spaghetti Bolognese and Baby Food (by Biggs)

A sad but lovely night being my very last night in Perth, in fact my last few hours in Perth. I strategically booked my flight so I would get to have a nice last night dinner with Amanda, Mike and their family. It was just lovely. We were really shattered after a huge weekend so just stopped by the shops to collect some bolognase ingredients. Another night of communal cooking with everyone doing their part.

I was on chopping duty but once all the veges were chopped and ingredients added to the pot I tapped someone else in like a relay. Everyone was craving a home-cooked meal so were very grateful for the tagliatelle, bolognase and garlic bread. The salad was some lettuce with a pre-made pumpkin and lentil salad mixed through and was absolutely delicious. I'm really going to miss big family dinners like this. And, yes, I do realise I've had pizza twice, burgers twice and bolognase twice in the last week. A happy holiday situation.


As a side note, Amanda and Mike's baby nephew Alexander was with us for dinner. His parents had their hands full so I offered to prepare his dinner too. There was sweet potato and broccoli available which may seem pretty easy but I had many, many questions. Do I mash it together, do I mash it separately, do I mash it at all, do I take the skin off the sweet potato. I have no ideas what babies eat and when they eat it. Turns out Alexander is at the stage of enjoying a puree but being able to handle some chunks of vegetable so I went with the below option. He appeared to love it but my lovingly prepared meal was later trumped by his first garlic bread experience. Who can blame him? Garlic bread is brilliant!

No comments: