Monday 28 April 2014

Burger with Pickles (by G)

I had some pickles left over from last night and decided to make a hamburger (that's a no brainer - I think C.J. from Top Chef may have inspired that idea).

I was a bit lazy and bought pre-made "special" beef burger patties from the supermarket - I also bought, appropriately, hamburger buns and Havarti cheese.

To make the burger I sweated some brown onion for an awfully long time 'til they were nice and soft, then fried the beef patties and topped them with cheese. While the beef patties rested I toasted the buns in the beef fat.

To compile I added some lettuce to the bun, then the patty and cheese, then onions, then a healthy dose of the pickles from last night. I also put some mayonnaise on the top half of the bun and served the hamburger with some oven baked, beer battered, oven chips.

The burger was not too bad - I mean the patties were not great but otherwise the whole thing worked pretty well.

No comments: