Tuesday 8 April 2014

MYOT (by G)

I've bought 3 kinds of rice in the past couple of weeks so I thought it was about time I used some in a consumable capacity.

With a bit of forethought I saved the non-breast parts of the chicken from the weekend - it was already cooked so I simmered some legs, breasts and wings in onion, garlic, habanero chilli, cumin, paprika, tinned tomato and stock - just to give them flavour.

After about half an hour of simmering I removed the chicken and added some rice and simmered that for half an hour. Then to finish the rice I stirred through some fresh chilli, coriander and Mexican (sic) cheese. The chicken went under the grill to give it some colour and packet tortillas went into the pan to soften.

After all that I added some sour cream - hell, why not? There were already about a million ingredients in there already - one more couldn't hurt. That said, I did forget the lime for the side.

MYOT stands for 'Make Your Own Tortillas', in-case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I MMOT and they were great. I was highly impressed with the chicken. It was crispy and tasty. The rice, super flavourful.