Wednesday 23 April 2014

Brats and Mashes (by G)

German Bratwursts - there is no better reward for two exhausting days of work following a 4 day weekend.

My plan was to have my bratwursts with two types of mash - which is kind of what occurred. The difficulty was that I was so looking forward to the sausages that I didn't take enough trouble with the sides.

For one, I only had one small potato so one of the mashes became a potato and cauliflower mash, which got a bit soggy and became more of a puree - I added a lot of parmesan to try and thicken it up a bit, instead it became strangely umami.

I didn't chop the pumpkin up small enough prior to roasting so only a few of the smaller pieces were soft enough to mash when it was dinner time - hence the quantity.

Despite this the bratwursts were very good. If there were more than 4 in a pack I would likely be dead right now... or at least very physically ill. I have no self-control when it comes to tubesteak.

 
In the course of my research I discovered something called the BRAT diet - BRAT is an acronym of Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. It is a treatment for diahorrea not a diet for subsisting soley on German sausages.


No comments: