Saturday 19 April 2014

Lettuce Wrapped Pork Thingies (by G)

I got some pork mince out of the freezer with not much of a plan of what to do with it. In the end I decided to just add a whole bunch of flavours and hope for the best.

To the mince I added a lot of grated ginger and garlic, a bunch of coriander stalks, a red onion, a jalapeƱo chilli, salt, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, fish sauce and ketjap manis... phew!

After letting the flavours mingle for a little while I rolled the mince into little turds and fried them until correctly caramelised.

Just for fun I cut some cos lettuce squares, strips of carrot and cucumber and wrapped everything together and ate it.

The pork thingies were amazingly delicious. Eating all 16 of them in one sitting may have been a bit of a gastro-intestinal miss-step.

No comments: