Friday 25 April 2014

Pig on the Spit Special (by Biggs)

Okay, up until now I've implied that I'm over in Western Australia and Wellington Forest because Amanda and Mike are getting married but the truth is that their friends have all actually gathered together to eat a pig on the spit. In fact, I'm fairly sure Amanda and Mike are only getting married for the excuse to have a pig on the spit.

Mike's Best Man Tim spent about two days preparing this. Hiring the spit, collecting the pig, cooking the stuffing, getting the pig on the spit, basing, basting, basting, oiling, salting and cooking for about 6 or 7 hours. Tim is AMAZING. What a guy! He did an incredible job and should be very very proud. The pork was absolutely delicious, cooked to perfection, just incredible. Probably the best meal I've had since G and I started the blog.

I ate my weight in crackling and pork and am the happiest person alive right now. Mike can not get the smile off his face. Neither can Tim.

There were also some lovely salads made by a friend of Amanda's and a weird Lord of the Flies moment that I'd rather not remember.

Excellent pig. Thank you Tim!




No comments: