Tuesday 15 April 2014

Bird's Nest Yakitori (by Biggs)

Tonight was the last chance for Bonnie and I to get together before she disappears to travel the world for a few months and I disappear to Western Australia for a couple of weeks. We were both pretty grumpy being so tantalisingly close (yet no where near close enough) to holidays. But I'll tell you what will put you in a good mood - beer and yakitori.

I've been wanting to go to Bird's Nest since it opened. Now having experienced it I regret not going every night possible.

Bonnie and I simply went for the seven skewer set menu of: Tenderloin with Wasabi Mayonnaise, Thigh with Shallots, Thigh with lemon, Tomato wrapped in pork belly, Chicken Tail, Chicken Wing, Chicken Meatballs. All so very, very good.

We also ordered some edamame and were delivered some complimentary chicken soup. The photo could have been more thoughtfully done to capture the whole meal but I was too busy eating.

Next time I go I'm definitely going to try the full menu including liver, hearts, arteries and cartilage.

And of course.... TORIKAWA. I regret not having torikawa for dessert.

I 100% recommend that all 100% of you 100% try this restaurant.

No comments: