Friday 25 April 2014

Pork with Paratha Sauce (by G)

Two things dictated the direction of this dinner - the necessity to use up some of my pork surplus and a craving for paratha sauce (just like the one we had with Cheese & Mushroom Paratha on 26th June 2013).

The paratha sauce didn't turn out quite right because I didn't have some of the spices, so I used garam masala instead - I like cardamom, but it overpowered in this context. Also, for some reason, I added a little tamarind. The sourness was out of place.  Even so, the sauce was pretty good.

There's not much else to say about dinner - I fried a couple of pork chops (rind and bones oven roasted separately) and made a bit of a salad from tomato, cucumber, capsicum and radish.

There is quite a bit of sauce left so I'm going to cook up some toast and have at it. I also feel like I am going to go out tomorrow and get the required ingredients to do the sauce correctly so it will likely be featured again tomorrow.

No comments: