Thursday 3 April 2014

Shepard's Pie Potatoes (by Biggs)

My friend Kylie told me about this little gem a while ago and I thought it was a genius idea. Shepard's Pie but inside a potato.

First I bought the biggest potatoes I could find and baked them. They were so big they took about an hour and a half to bake through well. I scooped out the innards, filled them with savoury mince, topped them with mashed potato innards and then grilled some cheese on top.....that's how it's done.

I was hoping the savoury mince would be a bit more savoury but despite adding stock, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, basil, sage, thyme, salt and pepper it was still a little unexciting.

We both decided to add a little sriarcha for good luck. We sure are lucky folk.

1 comment:

G said...

I like it when things are stuffed into other things - especially when one of the things is a potato and the other is savoury mince double especially when cheese and sriracha are the toppings.