Sunday 20 April 2014

Beef Rib Roast and Vegetables (by G)

Being Sunday I thought I should go to a bit of effort with dinner - there was a beef rib roast in the freezer, that (along with some roasted vegetables) seemed just like the kind of thing one should eat on a Sunday.

I heavily seasoned and pan fried the rib roast until brown on each side then stuck it in a slow oven for about 3 hours. With about 45 minutes to go I chucked in some chopped carrots, pumpkin, corn and onion with salt, pepper and fresh thyme for flavour.

When everything was just about cooked I reduced some stock, red wine and butter for a sauce. I kind of over-reduced it so it turned out to be very syrupy but flavourful.

Our oven may not be too bright but it did a good job on the meat and vegetables tonight. The pumpkin was particularly flavourful.

No comments: