Friday 11 April 2014

Chicken Omelette (by Biggs)

Fi and I used to have a fairly serious Chicken Omelette Rice (C.O.R) habit when she worked in the city and we would head to Himawari on an almost a weekly basis. It's been a while (over a year according to the search I just did on the blog) since we've been but we had to do a communal chore in the city tonight so took the opportunity to go. Little did we know the last time we went, would be our last time. Horror of all horrors - it's closed. Fi thinks it's moved to Sunnybank be we weren't in Sunnybank tonight so went into a panic.

Fortunately there were plenty of little cheap and cheerful cafes in the same arcade and we chose a Thai one at which the menu mentioned chicken, omelettes and rice. In fact, when it came down to it, we both ordered Thai Chicken Omelettes (T.C.O) and a side of rice.

We also ordered take-away for Dan - a slow cooked pork with gailan. That sounded pretty good too.

I certainly enjoyed dinner and polished mine off as well as helping Fi finish hers. In fact, I ate it so quickly I was half-way through before I remembered to take a photo for the blog.

No comments: